Let's Talk Sex! Communication, Boundaries, and Consent. Navigating sex can be complicated - especially when we don’t have safe and affirming spaces to talk about it. How do we learn to identify, and then assert, our own unique boundaries? How do we effectively communicate what we want? What is enthusiastic consent, and why is it important? In this workshop, we’ll learn how to communicate, set boundaries, and center values of enthusiastic consent in ways that leave us, and our partners, feeling empowered and respected in our bodies and sexualities. Participants will leave with tangible skills for identifying their wants and needs and communicating them to others.
Sex, Desire, and the Revolution: Why Sexual Liberation is Necessary for our Movements. Viewing desire as a creative source of empowerment and resistance to dominant power structures, we'll examine how social justice movements could be enhanced by exploring their intersections with sexual liberation.
Queering Constellations: Radicalizing our Concept of "Family." From platonic life-partnerships to co-parenting with chosen family, from solo polyamory to romantic friendships, this workshop is a space for folks to explore and share experiences with ways of relationshipping that don’t fit the mold, yet have transformative potential for the ways in which we build with each other.
PAST CONFERENCES AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Conference Organizer for the Sex Down South Conference, Atlanta, GA
- Workshop facilitator, Creating Change, Chicago, IL (1/16)
- Workshop facilitator, Sex Down South, Atlanta, GA (10/15)
- Workshop and caucus facilitator, Creating Change, Denver, CO (2/15)
- Workshop facilitator, Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit, Alexandria, VA (8/14)
- Panel presenter, Northwestern University’s Queertopia! 7.0: Queering Pride: LGBT Identities and Affects on the Global State, Chicago, IL (5/14)
- Workshop facilitator, Unity Through Diversity, Albany, NY (2/14)
- Workshop and caucus facilitator, Creating Change, Houston, TX (1/14)
- Panel presenter, Justice Works Conference, Albany, NY (6/13)
- Invited speaker, Justice Works Conference, Albany, NY (6/13)
- Panel presenter, Capital Region LGBTQ PRIDE, Albany, NY (6/13)
- Invited speaker, Union College, Schenectady, NY (5/13)
- Presenter, Empire Conference, Albany, NY (4/13)
- Interviewed on WGXC Hudson Radio Station: AtIssue, representing Transgender Advocates of the Capital Region, Albany, NY (3/13)
- Interviewed on WRPI Troy Radio Station: HomoRadio, representing Transgender Advocates of the Capital Region, Troy, NY (3/13)